While looking for a variety of comic creators online to engage boys in Year 3 – 6 (primary /elementary level)
I have come across these that I will explore with my students.
As an ICT teacher my role is to share with the teachers and students a variety of tools that may assist with Literacy/Research/Inquiry/Mathematics tasks.
My current thinking is…
A) give students time to explore the sites below:
B) outline the structure of a comic they are to create using their choice of the comic creator sites
- comic has to have title
- a number of characters,
- ending etc
C) students reflect on their choice of comic creator site
- *why they chose that particular comic creator
- *ease of use
- *Age group that it is appropriate for
Sites I have found so far are:
1. Super Action Comic Maker http://www.artisancam.org.uk/flashapps/superactioncomicmaker/ (ages 8+)
2. Marvel Kids – Create Your Own Comic – http://marvelkids.marvel.com/games/play/75/create_your_own_comic (ages 8+)
3. Create A Comic – http://www.scholastic.com/graphix/createcomic.htm (ages 6+)
4. Create Captain Underpants Comic – http://www.scholastic.com/captainunderpants/comic.htm (ages 8+)
5. Arthur – Create Your Own Arthur Comic – http://pbskids.org/arthur/games/comiccreator/comiccreator.html (ages 6+)
6. Lego City – Comic Builder – http://city.lego.com/en-us/ComicBuilder/FramePage.aspx (ages 6+)
7. Avens Corner Comic Creator – http://avenscorner.com/flashgames/avensworld/avensworld.aspx http://bit.ly/Mga8gz (ages 6+)
8. Cartoon Studio: http://pbskids.org/go/studio/ (ages 8+)
9. Story Maker http://www.carnegielibrary.org/kids/storymaker/embed.cfm (ages 7+)
**What Comic Creator sites or programs have you used at your school/ with your students?
**Which of the above have you used /used with your students?
**Do you have any feedback or suggestions for using online comics with students?
Thanks for visiting and look forward to your feedback!
Cheerio Raff 🙂